Frequently Asked Questions
You've Got Questions About My DJ Service! I Have Answers For You!
- Can we meet our DJ to see if we're compatible?
Of course! We are based 30 minutes north of Boston, MA in Danvers, MA. Whether you're planning a wedding, bar/bat mitzvah, birthday party, or any other event, let's meet up to get to know each other. If you don't have the time or if it's not logistically possible to meetup, I'd be happy to talk over the phone!
- Do you have DJ liability insurance?
We have a $1,000,000 policy and can provide proof upon request.
- Do you offer a contract to secure our event date?
Yes. A signed contract outlines details such as payment schedule, refunds, liability, event details and DJ requirements.
- Do you serve just the Boston area?
No. Our DJ and uplighting service serves all of New England. A fee, depending on distance, will apply for travel of 3 hours (round trip) from Danvers, MA.
- Would you take a designated break at our event?
No we do not. Our focus remains on your event 100% from start to finish.
- Do you require a meal?
We do not ask or put in a contract that one is served to us. If provided, we thank you in advance for your generosity.
- What type of attire do you wear to events?
We wear a suit and tie (nothing flashy) to every wedding and mitzvah celebration. For other events, we dress business casual.
- Are there any fees or costs outside of what is stated on our contract?
There are not. There are no extra costs for setup or breakdown. A small travel fee may be applied if your event is 3 hours (round trip) from Danvers, MA. If you have any questions concerning what something may cost, please do not hesitate to ask.
- Do you take requests from guests?
As long as you want us to and as long as it fits what you want for your event (i.e. music preference, event theme), we sure can. All of our music is edited. Only the edited versions are played.
- Do you match competitor's prices?
We do not. Our perspective is that every DJ and MC offers a different level of knowledge, approach, years of service, and amount of reviews among other things. We do not view comparing each DJ service as an "apples to apples" comparison. We hope to be your DJ based on fit, not price.
- Do you carry backup equipment?
Yes. We have two, if not more of everything that is a part of our setup from computers to speakers and everything in between.
- Will the person I speak with during my initial inquiry be the DJ at my event?
Yes. DJ Chris Sawyer, who will receive and respond to your initial inquiry, will be the DJ and MC unless he directly states otherwise.
- Can I come watch you in action at someone else's wedding?
Unfortunately no. We do our best to respect the intimacy of every wedding we're privileged to be a part of and would certainly offer you the same courtesy in return.
- I have family members who are interested in helping us plan. Can I give them your contact information to ask you questions?
- Do you put up and/or pass out any sort of promotional material (i.e. signs, banners, business cards) at events?
The only circumstance that we will pass out any promotional material is if someone politely comes to us and asks for a business card, our name, etc. We can't stress enough that the guest(s) of honor deserve the attention at each event we're privileged to be at.
- Will you hold our date for us for a few weeks while we make our decision on our DJ?
Our services for a specific date are on a first come, first served basis and can only be secured with a deposit and signed contract.